Frequently Asked Questions — Health Insurance
Will I find different rates at different sites?
- Because health insurance plan rates are filed with and regulated by the FL Department of Insurance, you should pay the same monthly premium regardless of where you buy your insurance–from Floridian Quote, your local agent, or directly from the health insurance company. This means that you can enjoy the advantages and convenience of shopping and purchasing your health insurance plan through Floridianquote.com and be sure that you’re getting the best available price.
- If you were to receive different rates it would be because your census data does not match from one site to another. There could also be a slight difference in the network that alters rates. So it is important to work with a licensed agent that can point out all the variables.
- FloridianQuote.com has over 15 years quoting and servicing small groups throughout all of Florida. We are the experts in small group health plan.
What is the process for applying for group health insurance?
- Here are the steps for selecting and applying for a group health insurance plan:
- Tell us about your company and employees at our request page: https://floridianquote.com/group-health-quotes/.
- That same day we will load your company information into our quoting software and run all carriers.
- We will email you a side by side .pdf proposal of the most competitive quotes so you can compare plan rates and benefits to find the plan that best meets your needs.
- You’ll be able to speak with our licensed group benefits agents for personal help selecting a plan and starting the application process.
How much does the company cover of the premium? How much do employees pay?
- Fl requires that small businesses must cover at least 50% of the employee only premium. You are not required to cover the dependent cost.
- Employees will cover the difference in the form of a payroll deduction that you set up to automatically be taken out of their check. If the plan is set up under section 125 then the employees share can be withheld pre-tax to avoid federal and all payroll taxes. This helps the employer also save because they don’t have to pay the FICA and FUTA tax on the employee premium dollars. This is a simple set up with any payroll software.
What is the average monthly rate per employee a business could expect to pay?
- Age and location is what determines small group health rates. Prior to selling the plans the insurance carriers file their rates with the Fl Department of Insurance. ACA mandates that an employee who is 64 years of age cannot be more than 3 times the premium of a 21 year old.
- One rate per employee is called a composite rate. The ages of your employees who actually apply will be used determined your final composite rates. On average over the 2018 plan year we have seen rates in the state of Fl vary from $300 – $500 a month for a standard level silver plan.