If you are a business owner looking to hire a health-insurance agent, you can find yourself in a tricky spot. States like Florida are teeming with insurance agents. So, how can you pick the right one from the thousands available?!
It has been reported that in 2015, the employer-sponsored family health insurance premiums have gone up by 4%, pushing them to more than $17,000, requiring workers to pay almost $5,000 each as premium costs. It is vital for business to decrease the cost of health insurance. And the surest way you can do that is by recruiting an agent. Health-insurance brokers are employed by several companies, while agents work for a single company.
An insurance broker or agent can help you set your business on the right path. They can filter through the countless available health insurance plans and locate just the perfect one for your company that fits your requirements and budget. Most people would prefer studying their options themselves while others would find the process extensive and exhausting. They then turn to professionals to help guide them. Your first step toward locating the right health-insurance agent is by deciding who is going to help you choose the right insurance plan.
Tips to Help
Here are some tips that can help you find the right health-insurance agent in the cities of Florida like Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa, and other surrounding areas.
- Always pick a professional who has built a good reputation for himself in the industry. Sure, this might cost slightly more, but this will definitely save you a lot of money in the long haul. Seek references from companies that are similar to yours in scope and size. Remember to check these references along with registrations and licenses.
- Look up your agent’s disciplinary record. You can access this by reaching out to Florida’s insurance commissioner. Find out if they have ever faced lawsuits or have been sued by clients. You can learn of this by searching on the internet.
- Insurance professionals offer various kinds of services. You need to ensure that you are getting the right kind of service for your company.
- Find out if the agent is aware of the products you require. Learn about their experience and areas of expertise. They could be services they do not specialize in. If they do not offer what you are looking for, it becomes pointless to hire them.
- Some firms only cater to the needs of large firms. If you are a small business owner, you will need to find out if they offer services ideal for your business as well. If they do not, it is wise to find someone else.
- Small business or not, you would need an account manager. An independent insurance agent may not be able to offer you the same kind of services as someone from a large firm.
- Find out how the agent handles renewals so you can avoid last-minute surprises.
It is important that you keep these points in mind before you recruit a professional health-insurance agent. Hiring a wrong guy can prove to more expensive than beneficial. Study your options before you make your decision.
We are health insurance consultants | agents with many years of experience in the health insurance field and access to multiple health insurance company’s plans and pricing. We will work with each you to find the right group or individual health insurance plan to fit your needs and budget. Serving clients in and around Greater Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Florida and more. Contact us at 866-217-2873.